Thursday, July 7, 2011

New Anchorage

After some discussion while enjoying the people and the scenery of San Evarista, we decided to head south so as to be ready to meet Walt's girlfriend on the 20th in La Paz. The winds will be against us, so this gives us plenty of time to get back south without having to spend days beating. (Beating means sailing against the wind, basically. It can be unpleasant at times.) So we left San Evarista (with every intention of coming back there on our way north later on this summer) and sailed back to Isla San Francisco, where we spent the night. Today we motored (due to the need to charge our batteries) to our current anchorage, Caleta Partida, which is on Isla Partida, located fairly near La Paz. There are a lot of different anchorages between here and La Paz, and I am excited about exploring them.

Mike and Walt always have fishing lines out, and we have twice eaten fresh caught dorado (mahi mahi) courtesy of Walt. I love dorado. They are both out now in the dinghy, seeing what they can catch for tonight's dinner. In anticipation of fresh fish, I made tortillas with my new tortilla press. I am pleased with how they came out.

It is hard to be so incommunicado - I miss talking and emailing everyone I love. I have no idea what has happened in the world in the last two weeks - except for the outcome of some soccer games we heard about in San Evaristo. There is a possibility that we may soon have cell phone contact or internet once we get around to the other side of the island we are anchored, so we will see.

I can't even begin to explain or describe all the stuff we see - and as soon as I can, I will post pictures. So - I am going to sit up in the cockpit and do a crossword puzzle (thank you Buffy!!!!!) and wait for Mike and Walt to arrive with my dinner!

----------
radio email processed by SailMail
for information see: http://www.sailmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment