Thursday, October 21, 2010

Nothing Really Exciting, But I Have This Blog, So . . .

Today is Thursday - at least I am pretty sure it is.  I keep losing track of which day of the week it is and which date.  I am certain of the month.  That's about it.

We have been attending some seminars on topics relating to cruising.  The latest one had to do with how to send email through the SSB (short wave) radio.  That will be important once we leave the marina and thank goodness Mike understands the parts I don't.  So no one needs to despair - whether you like it or not, I can remain in touch. 

Things are almost ready - that is, if Mike does not decide we need yet another gadget for this boat.  He has decided we need a new VHF radio.  (For anyone who cares, a VHF radio is for coastal communications and ship-to-ship when there is not too much distance.  The SSB is for long distances.) I thought the one we had was fine - but what do I know?  At least he is not insisting on a satellite phone as well - those things cost a fortune, not even counting the air time which is a gazillion dollars a minute.  I am very hopeful we will be out of here by November 15 - MY target date.  I am dying to be in Mexico right now, where it is warm and the fishing is good. 

Otherwise - there is nothing really exciting for me to post here.  We spend most of yesterday with this guy who might buy Finesse (our old 25 foot sailboat that we learned on.)  He had a survey done, and I am curious because we never had one.  It will also give an appraisal value, so even if this guy decides he doesn't want it, that survey will be helpful.  I hope he does buy it, because it is a great boat and he would be a wonderful owner for it.  Plus - we need to sell it so we don't have to keep paying marina fees for a boat we don't use any more!  It isn't a lot, but at this point the money is, as my mother would have said, going down a rat hole. 

When I finally have something interesting to say, I will post again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment