Saturday, October 23, 2010

As Time Goes Slowly By

I am so eager to get going I can hardly stand it.  And yesterday made it worse.  We went to a seminar about cruising the sea of cortez, complete with pictures.  It is beautiful, which is putting it mildly.  They even talked about La Paz having a "secret season" which means it is really nice at certain times of years but people don't know about it.  Suits me just fine.  We love La Paz, and before this sailing stuff started, we had planned to go down there and live for six months.  It is one of my favorite places.

We also had a fabulous lunch yesterday with some friends at their yacht club.  It was pretty impressive.  Our yacht club is a trailer that is hardly ever open that shares dock space with a marina.  This one has its own docks, a shipyard, multiple buildings. a pool, tennis courts, and of course a really nice restaurant and bar, and I know I missed some of its attributes.  We now have a two week guest membership, thank goodness we have cards to prove it or they'd never let us past the guard at the gate as we don't dress well enough! 

The other thing I wanted to talk about was that it has been raining the last couple of days and being in the cabin when it is raining gives a whole new meaning to the words "warm and cozy."  We even have a little space heater which also keeps the humidity down.  The rain makes a great sound on the decks and the water, and you still get to hear the sea birds.

There is a blue heron that spends a lot of her time on our end of the dock.  One day I decided her name was Griselda.  I am not sure why I picked that one - I don't even like the name.  But she is a very elegant, serious bird, and it just seemed to fit.  When a name just pops into your head, it is probably the right one, that is what I think.  There is a night heron that spends his time right across from us - he needs a name to.   But I think he needs a French name.  And the one I am considering I can't spell, so as soon as I figure that out, he will have his name.  I have always thought that half the reason I liked to have pets was the ability to name them. 

This will be it for today - which will be spent with boat chores.  And any day spent on a boat doing anything (except maybe bilge cleaning) is better than any day working!

No comments:

Post a Comment