Friday, March 30, 2012

Better

Yes, he is getting better.  He said yesterday he might be well enough to go to dinner tonight.  We'll see.  I am hopeful we will be able to leave in another week or so.  We are paid up here at the marina until April 13 - I want to be gone before that, but it is significantly cheaper to pay by the month. 

As usual, since Mike has has this medical issue, there is not much news to report.  We did our taxes ourselves this year, using turbo tax.  It seemed to work pretty well, and our taxes are not complicated.  It was also a lot less expensive than paying someone else to do them.  I wouldn't try it if we had complicated things, I am more afraid of the IRS than I am of almost anything else I can think of off the top of my head.  And I hate dealing with money stuff.  I mean, I am good with money, I have never been a spendthrift and have even had accounting jobs, so I can keep good books and things like that.  I never had problems with overdrawing my checking account, or running up credit card bills.  But when I have to involve a third party, for some reason, I just feel all panicky and stressed out, almost like I have done something wrong and am about to get caught for it.  So it is a relief to me to have this done and out of the way.  Mike, of course, did all the work.  I just read numbers off the page to him.

We are contemplating leaving here as soon as Mike is ready and saving the rest of the frig repair until we get to El Salvador.  We have been told there are good workers down there that could do the part Mike can't, which involves  "vacuming" and"charging", both of which relate to the freon or whatever sort of gas actually makes the frig cold.  Or that is my understanding anyway. 

So other than watching a lot of movies, we are not up to much.  I am hoping to begin some adventures soon so this blog will be worth reading again.  Even I am getting bored with me. 

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."  William Arthur Ward 

No comments:

Post a Comment