Sunday, January 29, 2012

Underway Again

We are just about to leave for Huatulco.  I had a great time here and really love Zihuatanejo.  Mike thinks this might be his favorite place yet - I still lean towards Mazatlan, and of course Ensenada will always be one of my most favorite places ever anywhere. 

This will be the longest single trip yet - I am curious to see what our time will be.  Since the winds seem to be light in this area, I figure I will get more practice with light air sailing.  Another thing about it that makes it almost more unpleasent than bad weather sailing - in light winds, you have a lot of time to sit around feeling frustrated.  When the weather is bad, you are almost always doing something or monitoring something, so you don't have time to sit around and bitch about it. 

We are making water right now and we wonder why our watermaker just keeps making better water.  Our water now is  better than most municipalities and better even than some bottled waters. 

Our solar worked so well this trip here in Zihua that we never turned on the engine once in the entire 8 days we were here - the batteries were fully charged each day, and during the day we actually make power even while using it.  We won't make as much power with the solar while we are underway, because the sails often block one or more of the panels.  But that is when the wind generator kicks in!  So either way, it works.

We will see how chipper we feel in a few days when all the ice has melted.

Have a great day!  I am too lazy to look up a new quote.  I will hopefully (if I do not get too lazy) write again from the open seas!  

1 comment:

  1. I have a quote for you...it is from my daughter -

    “Do not let your difficulties fill you with anxiety; after all, it is only in the darkest nights that the stars shine more brilliantly.”

    -Ali Ibn Abi Taalib (R.A)
    Have a good run down the coast, with just enough craziness to keep you occupied but safe.

    ReplyDelete