Friday, February 8, 2013

Jinxed It

I jinxed it, I know I did, it is all my fault.  Just as I was bragging on and on about how the water maker is working again - well, no it is no longer working. It seems one of the pumps - the primer pump - is out of commission.  We got it working for awhile - hence the earlier post - but then it started overheating and that is that.  The marine supply store here (more of  fishing supply store, actually) told us they had one at their branch in San Salvador had one and it would be available today.  So we haul our sorry asses over there only to discover that yes, they do have a water pump - but not the one we need. I almost cried.  Now we have to order one - and god only knows how long it will take to get here (two weeks if we are lucky) and then the likelihood that we will spend hour trying to get it released from customs.

I know I have no right to complain, but I am sick and tired of sitting in the mud here in the estuary.  I want to move on.  And  I am tired of feeling guilty if I am not happy happy happy 24/7/365.  It ain't happening.  Right now I am just feeling really beat down.  Although I think the geckos are making a difference in that there appear to be less roaches, there are still a lot of them.  Mike complains bitterly everyday. I don't like them either, but there isn't any more that I can do that I am not doing.  The pesticides didn't seem to help much more than the geckos, and at least we aren't living in a toxic waste dump.  It is not my fault that they arrived - neither of us are sure how it happened - but certainly I did not carelessly throw something on board that was full of roaches or roach eggs, or whatever.  I am too embarrassed to let anyone come on the boat, except for a few friends like Santos that do not seem to think badly of me because of it.  And then there is the water maker problem.  And I am getting old and wrinkled and all that goes with that issue - it seems like I was waiting for my good looks to develop and now I have to face the fact that if I ever had any good looks at all, they are all gone now.  Without ever even really getting there.    

As you can see, I'm not in good mood. So if anyone wants to scold me for my bad attitude, have at it.  At this point, it is a drop in an overflowing bucket of self-pity.  And sometimes I wonder if anyone really reads this.  There is a "stats" thing here on blogger (I wonder if "app" is the proper term) that tells me how many "hits" per day there are on this blog.  So it does seem like it is being read by someone.  Someone somewhere.  Hopefully this crappy post won't scare off any readers.  Who knows - I might even go back and delete this post.

"It's all right to sit on your pity pot every now and again. Just be sure to flush when you are finished." (Debbie Macomber)      

No comments:

Post a Comment