Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Honduras Pictures

Here are some pictures of where we have been since arriving in Honduras.  You will see why I run out of superlatives.  Unfortunately, none of our p monkey picture turned out.  I am disappointed, but what can you do?  We couldn't get too close.  I put some of these pictures on Facebook, so I am sorry for those who have already seen some of them. 

Mike dove again today and I snorkled.  I had planned to just read and enjoy the boat, but the water looked too inviting and I had to go in.  I saw new fish, new coral, new plants, and all sorts of unknown creatures - are they creatures or plants?  I feel so lucky to be seeing this stuff. 

This is the Honduran countryside.



This is the jungle canopy in Honduras.
 One of the local merchants in La Ceiba, Honduras.  She is likely selling coconut bread - delicious!


A very large hermit crab.

A wreck in the harbor in Roatan.  We wondered what happened.

Here is the Roatan waterfront. 

This is a wonderful example of a waterfront restaurant here in West End.  We have had plenty of beer here so far!

Roatan Sky - the clouds just add to the beauty.  And when it does rain, it jsut copols things down nicely. Snorkling in the rain is a lot of fun, too.

This is West End, Roatan, Honduras.  We are staying in this little gem of a community and it will be hard to leave.
So now you have an idea of what it looks like here.  But the pictures do not even come clse to really showing how it is here.  Oh I almost forgot - here is Mike and his new best friend - the self-proclaimed Latin Jack Sparrow.
     So - more pictures to come as we explore more and more of this incredible country.  I am enjoying myself here in Central America more than I thought possible.  And the food is fabulous - last night I had conch fritters!  A new wonderful treat! 

“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” (J.R.R. Tolkein)

No comments:

Post a Comment