Thursday, March 10, 2011

Back to the COLD

Tomorrow we leave for the US.  It is going to be COLD as we are going to Wisconsin and Missouri.  I will try and write some posts while we are gone, but I know we won't have internet access for part of the trip.  I am going to miss it here, and look forward to getting  back.  Next time, we plan to have our midwestern visit at a different time of year. 

We went to the mercado yesterday and of course I forgot my camera.  It was an experience of color and scents.  Next time the camera comes along. 

I will write again from Wisconsin, where half my family is demonstrating in Madison, and the other half is probably celebrating a "win."  I just hope the peace can be kept while we are all together.  It hurts me to see how devisive things have become in the US, where family members are turning on each other because of politics.  I did not think I would live to see anything like this in my country of birth.  There is nothing else to say about that.  It just hurts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment