Thursday, January 17, 2013

New Look

So now we have a new look, a new year, and soon,a new location.  Yes, I know I have said it before but this time I am serious.  Because the fridge is fixed (applause here) I can start really counting down to getting under way again. 

Lately, even before the fridge was fixed, I was feeling really fortunate about things in general.  It has been really nice here in El Salvador.  There is really no change in temperature here regardless of the time of year.  The difference is whether it is hot and dry,or hot and humid or rainy.  Right now it is hot and dry.  Although most of the people we spent this summer in are gone, there is a new crop and we have made some new friends.  The staff at the hotel was happy to have us back.  The reports we are getting from people we know who have already headed south are positive.  Mike and I are getting along well. I am feeling a nice sense of contentment with my current situation.  My loved ones are in good shape for the most part.   

We have two geckos on board (both have vanished, we hope they are eating busily as we speak).  I have named them Wyatt and Doc.  I can tell them apart because one is bigger than the other.  I am really hoping this takes care of the problem, or we are talking heavy chemicals.  Since I literally sanitized all the food lockers, as well as thoroughly cleaning all the cupboards and all around the stove, it does seem as though there are less of the horrid little creatures.  Hopefully that is not wishful thinking,but even Mike thinks so and he is way less inclined to experience groundless optimism than I am. 

Otherwise, except for getting things slowly but surely organized for leaving the country, things are just calm and quiet.  The stars have been incredible the last week or so, millions of them, more than we usually see.  sometimes when I wake up especially early, I just sit in the companionway, look at the boats resting quietly their moorings, and listen for the roosters. You can't really be anywhere in Central America without hearing morning roosters. 

Anyway, this will have to do for today. 

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." (Oscar Wilde)       

No comments:

Post a Comment