Monday, June 11, 2012

More Adventures in the Tropics


Sorry about opening with an unidentified picture,  Another technological problem I can't solve.  Anyway, these are the pictures we took while touring San Salvador and the surronding area.  The picture on top is of a Mayan ruin.  This one was particularly interesting because it was covered in volcanic ash, and therefore survived quite well.  The other ruins we have seen were mainly palaces and seats of government and temples and the like.  This one is an example of how regular people lived.  Without being  preserved in volcanic ash, these mud and wattle dwellings would not survive.






This is Ernesto, our driver and good friend.


One really fabulous lunch!  I love eating fish this way - it is guttted, and then the whole thing is fried.  The tortillas are thick and roasty flavored, and you get more veggies than you do in Mexico.

A really beautiful lake.  We had lunch overlooking it.  I would not mind living on these shores!

And now, I have sadly discovered the rest of the pictures of the trip are stored on the other computer - sigh - so this is all I have for now.  I am currently hating computers - I wanted to post pictures of our jungle trip yesterday but I cna't make it work as they are saved wrong.  I really don't understand why this all has to be so complicated!  So anyway, I am going to end this sad little post and see what I can do to get more pictures up.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” 
(Oscar Wilde)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment