Monday, December 20, 2010

A Rainy Day In Mexico

So much for warm, sunny Mexico - at least that is what I heard some Canadians bitching about today. I could have told them the warm doesn't start here, but no one asked me.  But it rained all day today, rain I am sure the area could use.  I never mind when it rains, but I will admit I am not sorry to be staying in a hotel.   It is scary up there when the boat is "on the hard" and even more so when it is wet and slippery.

Since there is some wind accompanying this storm, we finally got to see the new wind generator in action.  It spun like crazy and we also got to see the amp gauge register it actually charging the batteries.  And since Mike reworked all the connections to the solar panels, it was actually showing about half an amp in this weather.  That is interesting because there is no sunshine.  We can hardly wait to see what a sunny, windy day will look like.  We are pretty sure our battery charging capabilities will be able to handle what we need vis-a-vis our power needs. 

Since it rained all day today and is supposed to rain for most of the week, they aren't going to do any work until maybe Thursday, when the weather is supposed to change.  You can't do varnish work in the rain.  So that means we will be here until Jan 4 or 5.  We spent the day watching movies and I did some painting.  I liked elements of each one of them, but none were really any good.  I am just glad to be using the stuff I learned in the workshop.  Until it stops raining, I plan to read, paint, write, and maybe go to the movies.  And get a pedicure and a facial.  There is plenty to do.  This will be my first Christmas as an expat.   



 

No comments:

Post a Comment